While the facility was designed with crafters in mind, it is appropriate for use by any adult group looking to get away. The space is suitable for workshops, business, genealogists, and church or civic retreats. The Rose has air conditioning, Wi-Fi, a large Smart TV, DVD and large assortment of movies to watch.
Bathrooms include towels and wash cloths, hair dryer, shampoo, soap and make-up remover cloths.
Bedrooms include bed linens, luggage stands, cable TV, and remote control ceiling fans.
- Room 1 – 2 twin beds with bathroom in hall, shares with Room 2
- Room2 – a queen bed and a twin bed with bathroom in hall, shares with Room 1
- Room 3 – 1 king bed and a day bed with attached bathroom
- Room 4 – a full bed with attached bathroom
Craft Stations include 5 foot wood craft table, leather rolling chair, OttLite, individual cup holder and trash bag and electrical outlet access for Cricut, sewing machine or other electrical devices.
Retreat weekends are “un-hosted” and the cost is $50.00 per person/per night. The price includes lodging, bedding, towels, bottled water, coffee and the use of our scrapbooking and kitchen equipment. If you want to stay more than 2 nights, the cost is reduced for additional nights.
- First and second night stay is $50.00 each
- Third night is $40.00
- Any additional night after 3 is $30.00 each
You and your guests are welcome to arrive any time after noon on Friday. If you need an earlier time, or want to come a day earlier, we can discuss at time of reservation.
Sunday check out time is flexible, we can discuss at time or reservation.
Minimum Weekend Rate
Smaller groups are welcome; however, a minimum of 4 people will be required to reserve the house for an entire weekend. If you have less than 4 people in your group, simply divide $400.00 by how many are in your group to get the price per person. If your group is smaller than 4 we can also try to combine your group with another small group to bring the per person cost down.
We can comfortably accommodate 8 guests for a weekend. Each will have their own crafting station but bedrooms will need to be shared.
Cash, Check, Credit Card and PayPal are all acceptable methods of payment. If paying by credit card, processing fee may be added, and there will be a $30.00 fee for returned checks.
You can purchase gift certificates for future stays or gifts. Please specify at time of reservation if you are paying with a gift certificate. Certificates do not expire and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Within 10 days of making a group reservation, a deposit of $25.00 per person is due. If you are not sure, at the time of reservation, how many will be joining you, the minimum deposit to reserve the entire house is $100.00. The $100 deposit can then be applied to your stay.
- If deposits are not paid within 10 days of making your reservation, your date will be released for other guests to book.
- If you find that you need to change your date, more than 30 days prior to check in, any deposits paid can be refunded or used to hold a rescheduled date. Individual deposits are also transferable to other guests.
Final payment is due 14 days prior to your scheduled visit.
Cancellation & Refunds
- Reservations cancelled more than 30 days prior to your scheduled check in date, are eligible for a full refund of any money paid or money can be applied to hold a rescheduled date.
- Reservations cancelled between 30 and 15 days prior to your scheduled check in date, are NOT eligible for refund of deposits unless a replacement group can be found. However, your deposit can be applied to another available weekend.
- Reservations cancelled 14 days or less prior to your scheduled check in date, will not be eligible for any refunds of money paid in full, including deposits.
- Cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com
- If The Yellow Rose must cancel a weekend stay for any reason, I will do my best to reschedule your weekend and if we cannot find an acceptable date, I will refund all money paid.
Most of our croppers set up a meal schedule prior to arrival so that meal duties are shared. For example, if you are planning 4 meals for the weekend, you could assign 1-2 people per meal to plan, prepare and handle clean up. Kitchen includes electric stove w/oven, 2 microwaves, full-size refrigerator, 12 Place settings of dishes, silverware, toaster, crockpot, coffee pot, Keurig, pots and pans.
There are several dining options in town with delivery available! There are links to some of my favorites on the home page.
You are welcome to bring adult beverages for your weekend.
2 on street parking spots in front of the house, and then space behind house for up to 6 cars.
The Yellow Rose is a smoke free retreat. Smoking is allowed outside the house.
Being sensitive to those with allergies, we ask that you leave your pets at home. I can provide references for boarding while you visit the Rose.